Re: Pixbuf loader for jpeg2000?

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 21:00, Chad A Daelhousen wrote:
> I am looking for a pixbuf loader for the JPEG 2000 format, and am
> wondering if anyone has already written or started one. I would
> appreciate any pointers to documentation on writing pixbuf loaders, and
> where to get the latest source from (if later than the 0.22.0 release is
> available.)

 - Current versions of gdk-pixbuf are part of the GTK+ distribution.

 - There's no real documentation on writing gdk-pixbuf loaders,
   but there are lots of examples in the GTK+ distribution
   and also some external loader examples around (e.g., in
   librsvg)

 - I don't think we would want to add a jpeg2000 library dependency
   to GTK+ until such libraries become more common, so I think
   it's best to make it a separately installed loader for now. (*)

(*) What about an optional dependency? I don't think that would
    make sense either. You shouldn't have to recompile GTK+
    to get jpeg2000 support.