Re: Pixbuf loader for jpeg2000?

At Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 11:31:20AM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
>  - Current versions of gdk-pixbuf are part of the GTK+ distribution.

Ah, I see. The "gdk-pixbuf" that I was looking at in the Gentoo portage
tree goes with GTK+ 1.x.

>  - I don't think we would want to add a jpeg2000 library dependency
>    to GTK+ until such libraries become more common, so I think
>    it's best to make it a separately installed loader for now. (*)
>
> Regards,
> 					Owen

I had been planning on a separate loader that knew about the format
itself, since I couldn't find anything to handle it besides the JasPer
reference code.

Speaking of JasPer, it appears to be licensed under something similar to
the original BSD license. If this pixbuf loader is (eventually) to be
included as part of GTK+, is that acceptable, or do I have to get a copy
of ISO/IEC 15444-1 and write code from scratch?

--
Chad Daelhousen
My opinions are my own, until UB purchases my soul.