Re: Integrating EggMenu code into GTK+

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 13:26, Mathieu Lacage wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Even though someone seems to be more or less volunteering, I think this
> is the kind of task I could get done for the middle of next week
> (including gtk-demo code and documentation). So, who will do it ?

Well, unless otherwise agreed, the first person to volunteer gets the
job :-)

> If German Poo Caaman~o (what kind of name is that ?!) really wants to do
> this, maybe I could do something similar in other areas of GTK+,
> including writing API documentation and demo code. Owen, suggestions ? I
> can be a cheap slave :)

I don't have a lot of specific suggestions for missing doc pieces,
though probably a good way to figure out what is missing is to read
through gtk-app-devel-list, and ask:

 - Could the question have been answered with an link
   to the docs?

 - If not, what needs to be added to the docs to fix that?

Probably the biggest missing piece of the GTK+ documentation
is good information about getting started and information
on "best practices". There is the tutorial, but it's not
quite clear how it relates to the reference docs or what
it's purpose is.

There's also the material in gtk-book/ in CVS, that may
be useful, or may not be useful to update and integrate.

But, anyways, back to more concrete things - for gtk-demo,
there's lots of obvious stuff missing - GtkBox, GtkTable,
GtkEntry, font selector, GtkSpinbutton, the list could go on
and on.