SVG [was Re: MNG gdk-pixbuf module]

Havoc said...
> It seems that the web is going more toward Flash and SVG instead of
> MNG, though those are also horribly complex.

Indeed - as an aside, if we really want to support full static SVG
(rather than just an internal-use subset), we'll need to be working
towards a good 2d graphics API ASAP.  My previous experience with SVG
renderers suggests that success is strongly dependent on a good 2d
rendering library (with general transforms, filters, etc.) to build the
SVG viewer/renderer on.

just a thought...  will be hard to do on short notice.

- Bill