Re: ARGB cursors (was Re: Adjusting the 2.4 schedule)

Am Don, 2003-06-26 um 21.04 schrieb Owen Taylor:

> Looks good, though it might be good to point to the
> Query functions.

I've added some hints.

> Hmm, I think an important thing here which is missing is the *maximum*
> allowed cursor size. Though this can be a fuzzy concept:
>
>  Windows 98 and earlier have a fixed maximum size that can be
>   queried from the system.
>  Classic X cursors have XQueryBestCursor(), an undocumented and
>   unclear function. The XLib docs say:

Yes, this is the reason why I didn't add a max size query yet. I've
added one now, but I do wonder:

- Is the size returned by XQueryBestCursor actually binding for ARGB
  cursors created via the Render extension ?

- Are the Xcursor query functions sufficient ? They only take the
  display as an argument, so if there is one color and one monochrome
  screen, will XcursorSupportsARGB return true or false ?

Any comments on the idea to supply cursors with a name (*) for a11y ?

GdkCursor *gdk_cursor_new_from_image (GdkDisplay     *display,
                                      GdkCursorImage *image,
                                      gchar          *name)

Matthias