Re: 2.4 features - Indenting container

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 08:38, Murray Cumming comneon com wrote:
> I'd like to make sure this doesn't slip through the GTK+ 2.4 feature freeze.
>
> I think it's generally agreed now that we need a new container for right,
> left, top, and bottom indentation. This would make it much easier to
> implement the HIG recommendations. We could hack this into an existing
> widget as a new property I suppose, but it seems much simpler to create a
> new container.
>
> I can't find the actual posts in the archive because of the lousy search
> engine, but I think that
> - Havoc suggested the new container widget idea recently.
> - Andrew Sobala offered to implement it recently.
> - Alex Duggan (or maybe someone else) gave us a patch for something similar
> recently.

Considering there's already people giving quite a bit of attention to
this, all sorts of patches floating about that I haven't seen and would
need to be considered, and I'm quite busy right now, I'll leave it to
someone else to implement this.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"If we eventually have the ubercool component system - based on Bonobo, or
something else - then great, we can then proxy it over IIOP, D-BUS, SOAP,
and morse code." -- hp