Re: GtkTreeView discussion

Detlef Reichl <detlef reichl arcor de> writes:

> One and a half year ago i sent some patches to the list to enable
> something like this. Later i realized that the approch was not the best,
> caus i used something like an tooltip, an independent toplevel window.
> With this you get some flashing if the user moves the mousepointer fast
> into the popup, caus in this moment your main app loses the focus.

This has to work, otherwise menus won't work.  Doing it in a separate
popup should be fine.  We may want to popdown when the mouse moves into
it, anyway.

> To do it the right way (tm) you have to integrate it directly into the
> TreeViews Gdk::Window. But unfortunetely (i think so, it is some month
> ago i've looked the last time to the TreeView code) every column has its
> own Gdk::Window what makes it much more difficult. Please correct me if
> i'm wrong.

This approach can't possibly work in the case where you're looking at
the last column, or the row is wider than the visible area.

Thanks,
-Jonathan