Re: Built in themed icons

On 2003.05.09 23:00 Owen Taylor wrote:

 - Instead of a magic filename "" (that has to be freed like any
   other filename), perhaps it would be better to use a magic
   value GTK_ICON_THEME_BUILTIN that you compare against with
   == and don't free?

Just on this point - I think this would be a very bad idea. It's
already a little confusing as to when you should free return
values in Gtk+; adding a special case where sometimes you free
and sometimes you don't is just asking for trouble. As it happens
I don't see that it buys you anything, but even if it did I fear
it would set a bad precedent.

--
Ali Harlow                              Email: ali avrc city ac uk
Research programmer                     Tel:   (020) 7040 4348