Re: Patch for gdk/linux-fb/gdkmouse-fb.c to provide GDK_MOUSE_DEVICE

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 10:07, Marc Welz wrote:
> Hi
>
> Attached is a tiny patch to allow users to set the mouse
> device file for the linux frame buffer. Useful if you
> happen to have a USB mouse or if you want to chose between
> /dev/input/{mice,mouse0,etc}
>
> export GDK_MOUSE_TYPE=imps2
> export GDK_MOUSE_DEVICE=/dev/input/mice

Sounds reasonable; unfortunately, the linux-fb port is basically
unmaintained these days. Eric Warmenhoven did some work on it
last year, but I believe he has moved on to other things.

Why don't you put your patch in bugzilla, as described in the
GTK+ README file? I can't promise a fast response, but we'll
try to get it applied sometime soon.

But be careful, if you submit a couple more patches, we might
just give you CVS access and declare you the new linux-fb
maintainer ;-)

> Patch is against gtk 2.2.3. I am unsure about style - I
> used char, but should I have used gchar ?

Yes, you need to use gchar.