Re: Outline effect(?) on text

> Around 17 o'clock on Sep 2, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 02:31, LEE YD wrote:
>
> > Is there simple way to get outline-highlighted or outline-other color
> > fonts?
>
> No. You could do it using PangoFT2 and a rendering library like
> libart or Cairo, but it is in no way simple.

The goal for cairo is to integrated text into the rendering API just like
PostScript/PDF do -- you should be able to convert glyphs into paths and
then stroke/fill them at will.  I'm hoping to get a chance to work on the
X and PS implementations of this in the next month or so; of course, if
someone else got started first...

-keith