Re: visibility problems

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 15:10, Owen Taylor wrote:
> We certainly can't change the default for menu items - people do count
> on gtk_widget_show_all (menu) working.

	Sure.

> I think the idea is that the merge code would set this flag and then
> manage the visibility itself.

	The flag is fine as a way to do it; it's nice to see this addressed in
gtk+.

> Filing a bug about this in bugzilla would be much appreciated ..
> show_all() certainly shouldn't propagate across the plug/socket
> boundary.

	Sure - I think it may only do it in some cases; I just forward ported
our fix from gtk+ 1.X without thinking too hard; the bug is #122949, the
fix is trivial of course.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot