Re: 2.4 schedule

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 19:35, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 04:55, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > a) do a time-based 2.4 without the new file selector and combo box
>
> The new file selector is a must-have.  It would be ridiculous to ship
> yet another version with the old one.
>
> > b) declare the schedule dead, keep waiting for properties on interfaces
>
> Just what is keeping this from being committed?

Aside from commit approval, I'm waiting on several other things from
Tim:

 A) An answer to my question from September 10:

  What do you think, then, of making g_param_spec_set_redirect_target()
  not public? What about making g_param_spec_get_redirect_target() just
  expect a GParamSpecOverride rather than using qdata?

 B) A decision on making g_type_class_ref(iface_type) return the
    "default vtable".

 C) A decision on whether the 'postcheck' function we were discussing
    should be called:

    - immediately after the iface_init function gets called for any
      interface on any type deriving from the specified type.

    - After class_init and every iface_init subsequent to that.

Given decisions on those answers, I think I could make up a good
approximation to a final patch.