GTree with a default key comparison function

Hello,

I've noticed that unlike GHashTable, GTree currently doesn't accept a default key comparison function. The overhead of calling a trivial pointer comparison function is probably acceptable for most applications, but it's a problem in some of my code.

If the developers think this is a worthy modification, I'm willing to submit a GLib-2.4.0 patch to support a default direct comparison as implemented in hash tables.

Best regards,

Flavio