Re: Gnome Programming & App Development Theory & Practice

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 21:02, Biju Chacko wrote:

> I don't know if this will help any, but the GNU Enterprise project
> (www.gnue.org) seem to have achieved something on similar lines to what
> you are describing. I don't think that they conciously decided to come
> up with a declaratory language for form descriptions, but nevertheless
> seem to have devised one.

What we are doing is fairly similar.  We some what conciously came up
with a declaratory language in our GNUe Forms definition.

> However, it seems to require a fair amount of procedural code to do
> anything non-trivial.

I think your bar is too high then.  I consider being able make a
master/detail relationship form that allows me to adhoc query select,
insert, update and delete without writing a line of code to be
non-trivial.  Now to add a bunch of "rules" yes you need procedural
code, but I see no real way around that.

Linas I believe continues to dismiss GNUe because he doesn't like
Python. That is of course my humble opinion.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise

Was I helpful?  Let others know: