Re: File name encoding and GTK ABI compatibility on Win32

I wrote:
 > But in gtk the number of affected functions is much larger.

Hmm, so I grepped the gtk headers for "filename" and "from_file", and
came up with 25 functions that need backward binary compatibility
versions. Not that many maybe after all, and mostly boilerplate
code... Done. So maybe I was overly pessimistic in my initial
mail. Maybe this really is feasible.

I'll check how well a HEAD GTK with these changes works for a GIMP
built against 2.4.x (when manipulating folders and files with
non-ASCII names). Hey-ho, hey-ho, off I go, building libgtk-win32 once
more, thank you libtool for making it so painfully slow.

--tml