Re: gtk API still changing

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 15:29, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 14:55, Jeffrey Morgan wrote:
> > What I am thinking about is if I add these APIs to my
> > bindings now it will not compile with gtk 2.3.4 and I
> > will be in the same position you were in with our first
> > release.
> Yes, you might want to roll a tarball before making the change. Then we
> can just use that. If GTK+ made more frequent releases then this would
> be less of a problem - we are making a big fuss about that.
> I guess that we are unlikely to have another GTK+ release before March
> 1st, so we will need to take care about this. I might temporarily
> comment-out some bits of code just so I can build a tarball while still
> delivering the lastest gtkmm API in a tarball.

Actually, a GTK+ release is planned for tomorrow (March 1st - the same
day as our Binding release). It is planned to be absolutely API frozen,
which is convenient. So, maybe we'll have no problem releasing what's in
CVS at that time.

I suggest that Bindings maintainers wait until March 3rd to actually
release (or be ready to release a 2nd tarball quickly). Let's not wait
longer than that - we can comment out tarball-build-breaking bits if the
GTK+ release doesn't happen quickly enough.

Sorry for the confusion. This is part of the in-sync game, but it's
worth it.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]