Re: signals versus vfuncs

Hi muppet,

Department of second reading:

Christof Petig schrieb:
muppet schrieb:

The CellRenderer is a major PITA because there are no signals for the
 four vfuncs you need to be able to override.

You have to learn how to master vfuncs on top of mastering signals.
Since both methods peacefully coexist in c++ (virtual functions vs.
SigC++) for some time there has to be a reason for both of them.

oh, sorry, no offense meant. Or any implication that you don't know your stuff. The "you" was not meant to be you (muppet) but anybody. Actually it should have read

  This means you have to learn ...

emphasis on the burden of learning for everybody not on your ignorance.

I should have started this mail differently ...

Apologies for my non-native English (and not reading it again)
   Christof