Re: EggRecent [was Re: libomelette [was Re: glib unicode regular expression api]]

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 11:37 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> What sense does a list of recent-files make in the file-chooser? I see
> the list of recent-files as a way to open a recently used document w/o
> the need to use the file-chooser. It should be accessible from the
> panel and every app should have a list in their File menu of files
> that there were recently used from within this application.

I think
1. That that clutters the File menu.
2. It's a problem because not every application does this, and they
don't all do it in consistent ways.

I'd rather just see the recent-files in the FileChooser and keep them
out of the File menu, as long as it's quick to use.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com