Re: Creating objects without deriving from GObject

On Tue, 2004-13-07 at 08:57 -0400, muppet wrote:
> GObject.  this is quite rare, in fact, and not terribly helpful, as GObject
> does a whole lot of stuff that you, in general, want.

I think this is the heart of my lack of understanding: aside from
reference counting and properties, what does GObject give me? Mathieu
Lecage says "Construction/Destruction of instances" and "Easy use of
signals", but I'm not totally sure what this implies since I don't yet
know the internals well.

I don't want ref-counting at all, I have no interest in properties, I'm
indifferent to signals, but construction/destruction sounds pretty
handy.

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers,
Ryan