Re: GtkComboBoxEntry buttons are wider

Hi!

Can I kindly suggest adding a style property that allows disabling the
arrows for both GtkComboBox and GtkSpinButton?
I'm porting a home made app to Gtk from an custom gui that
dosen't have comboboxes and spinbuttons at all, and my boss
is really obsessed with seeing the arrows go away "as it used to be"
with their original app.

Since I didn't found a way to disable/hide them, it either involves me
replacing all those widgets with GtkEntry and reimplementing the
missing functinality (there is almost a hundred of them) or patching Gtk.
Altough the former tends to be more tedious it's simpler,
yet I'm willing to write such patch, but I wanted to see first how other
people relate to this issue.

Sorry if it's a bit offtopic to the arrow sizing.

BTW, I like the themeability of gtk2 a lot, great work!
I use the pixmap engine to mimick the desired look, and every little
bit of flexibily helps a lot. I also wanted to ask if there is a way to
set the checkbox size from the .rc file? I wasn't able to do it with the
default and the pixmap engines, but I was able to do it with the
"Magic Chicken" engine. I didn't looked into these any deeper, and I guess
other engines might also work.. but I find disturbing the need of a custom
engine just for that.

Regards,
   Mudry