Re: GtkFileChooser and icons

Hi Sven,
Sven Neumann wrote:
Well, it actually isn't all that difficult and my mail outlined what
you need to do get them working. Basically you need shared-mime-info,
a GNOME icon theme and you need to tell gtk+ to use that theme.

That was it, I was just missing gnome-icon-theme. I now have icons, thanks!

For reference, I installed gtk+-2.4.1 to /usr/local, then did "./configure; make; make install" for

 hicolor-icon-theme
 shared-mime-info
 gnome-icon-theme

And as Sven said, added this to .gtkrc-2.0

 gtk-icon-theme-name = "gnome"

John