Re: Stock items and accelerators

Hi,

Indeed, this way things seems to work. Only I do not use the ItemFactory, since I have an action-like implementation in Python (changing sensitivity and stuff).

The odd thing is that default stock icons (such as 'gtk-new') have an accelerator, but stock items created by me do not. Although they have a key binding associated with them when added with gtk.stock_add.

The key binding shows up when doing a gtk.stock_lookup(), but they do not appear when a menu item is created with gtk.ImageMenuItem with the statement

item = gtk.ImageMenuItem(action.stock_id, accel_group)

where action.stock_id is a stock item id such as 'gaphor-class' and the accel_group is an gtk.AccelGroup, which has been added to a gtk.Window.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Arjan

Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
All works fine for me. Here is the example.

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

static void
register_stock_icons (void)
{
  static gboolean registered = FALSE;
if (!registered)
    {
      GdkPixbuf *pixbuf;
      GtkIconFactory *factory;
      GtkIconSet *icon_set;

      static GtkStockItem items[] = {
        { "demo-gtk-logo",
          "GTK!",
          GDK_CONTROL_MASK, 'g', NULL }
      };
registered = TRUE;

      gtk_stock_add (items, G_N_ELEMENTS (items));
factory = gtk_icon_factory_new ();

      gtk_icon_factory_add_default (factory);

      pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file ("gtk-logo-rgb.gif", NULL);

      icon_set = gtk_icon_set_new_from_pixbuf (pixbuf);

      gtk_icon_factory_add (factory, "demo-gtk-logo", icon_set);

      gtk_icon_set_unref (icon_set);
      g_object_unref (pixbuf);
      g_object_unref (factory);
    }
}

void clicked_cb (GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)
{
  g_message ("Activated");
}

static GtkItemFactoryEntry menu_items[] = {
  { "/_File",         NULL,         NULL,           0, "<Branch>" },
  { "/File/_Gtk",     NULL,   clicked_cb,    0, "<StockItem>", "demo-
gtk-logo"},
};

/* Returns a menubar widget made from the above menu */
GtkWidget *get_menubar_menu( GtkWidget  *window)
{
  GtkItemFactory *item_factory;
  GtkAccelGroup *accel_group;

  accel_group = gtk_accel_group_new ();

  item_factory = gtk_item_factory_new (GTK_TYPE_MENU_BAR, "<main>",
                                       accel_group);

  gtk_item_factory_create_items (item_factory, 2, menu_items, NULL);

  gtk_window_add_accel_group (GTK_WINDOW (window), accel_group);

  return gtk_item_factory_get_widget (item_factory, "<main>");
}

main (int argc, char ** argv) {
  GtkWidget *window;
  GtkWidget *menu;
  GtkStockItem stock_item;
gtk_init(&argc, &argv); register_stock_icons(); window = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
  menu = get_menubar_menu (window);
  gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER(window), menu);
  gtk_widget_show_all (window);
gtk_main();
}