Re: gobject API docs and tutorial merge : stage 1

Hi Mathieu and others,

[snip]

Keeping the CVS history is indeed a probelm and would require manual surgery on the server. I (personaly) would discontinue the stand-alone document.

I don't mind discontinueing the stand-alone document but I would dearly
like to see the CVS history kept. All you have to do is to check in the
gobject-doc module your modifications (this is why I did ask for a cvs
module: for you to be able to work on the module easily) to the current
files and then, when the glib maintainers decide it, they can do the
proper cvs surgery.
The files that matter are:
gobject.xml
gsignal.xml
gtype.xml
howto.xml
intro.xml
tools.xml

Consider this as my blessing to check into the gobject-doc module
whatever you want provided you run this before the checkin:
"cvs diff -urN | mail mathieu gnome org".

That would be no problem.

I would be happy to maintain this part of the document. So if you want you can

What specific part are you refering to ? Are you refering to the whole
gobject-doc module ?

... just in case you don't have enough time right now.

Ciao
  Stefan