Re: gobject API docs and tutorial merge : stage 1

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 16:46 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:

> Owen Taylor and Tim Janik agreed that it would be useful to integrate it.
> Although I need to appologise, I should have asked you explicitely (I've been

No need to ask. Just keep me updated: I don't want to discourage you
from contributing to the gobject documentation.

[snip]

> 3) links from description to API docs

As I already pointed out in an old private mail to you on function
links, I would like to see you use a small script to generate the links
on each data marked with <function> and <macro> tags. If you want to, I
can write the trivial perl code required to do this. I would resist any
sort of change to the xml which would require more markup than just
marking function names with <function> tags.

> Keeping the CVS history is indeed a probelm and would require manual surgery on
> the server. I (personaly) would discontinue the stand-alone document.

I don't mind discontinueing the stand-alone document but I would dearly
like to see the CVS history kept. All you have to do is to check in the
gobject-doc module your modifications (this is why I did ask for a cvs
module: for you to be able to work on the module easily) to the current
files and then, when the glib maintainers decide it, they can do the
proper cvs surgery.

Consider this as my blessing to check into the gobject-doc module
whatever you want provided you run this before the checkin:
"cvs diff -urN | mail mathieu gnome org".

> I would be happy to maintain this part of the document. So if you want you can

What specific part are you refering to ? Are you refering to the whole
gobject-doc module ?

> just forward me any patches, comment etc..

The few patches I have have been sent have been checked in the cvs
module on cvs.gnome.org.

regards,
Mathieu