How are dependencies listed in Plo files determined

Hey All,

I am porting GTK+ to use XCB on the backend rather than Xlib.  To this
end, I've added a subdirecotry containing the XCB-version of GDK that
I'm creating.  Currently, I have a setup like this:

gdk
gdk/x11
gdk/x11/.deps
gdk/x11-xcb
gdk/x11-xcb/.deps

My problem is that the Plo files in `gdk/x11-xcb/.deps' still point to
the files in `gdk/x11'.  For instance, in `gdkdisplay-x11.c', the Plo
contains rules such as this one:

gdkdisplay-x11.lo .libs/gdkdisplay-x11.o:
../../gdk/x11/gdkdisplay-x11.h

I need that to be `../../gdk/x11-xcb/gdkdisplay-x11.h' which is my
XCB-version of the display header.  I suspect that this is happening
when config.status is run.  I'm not sure what needs to be altered to
get it to pull in the new info; I've been grepping all morning.  Can
someone with more understanding and experience with autotools point me
in the right direction?

TIA.

Travis Spencer