Re: Announcing: Project Ridley

I am entering into the discussion thread without reading any other email than this one, but... as for XML we should not create the wheel again.

That leads to libxml2 or expat. In my case, I prefer libxml2. Being part of w3c development maybe helps me choosing it. Well, having work with expat a long time ago when it was slower than libxml2 might help my decision as well.

Well, just to help in the discussion :)

Alberto

Olexiy Avramchenko wrote:
What about XML support ? Now we have:
- basic XML subset in GLib
- libxml2
- expat

Moving all XML features to GLib doesn't look good, neither looks good having three separate libraries with the same functionality.

    Olexiy