Re: pango makefile fix breaks gtk build

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

For the record, for glib/pango/gtk+ development, I don't use
jhbuild.  But I don't have any problem with dependencies,
linking, etc, and I'm using FC4.  The bug report (#322885) has a
comment from a libtool maintainer, saying that the problem
reported by Carol is a side-effect of debian changing their
default libtool configuration.

which is exactly my point, jhbuild fetches a seperate working
libtool for you, as it does with the other tools. this is not
the first (linking) problem popping up with building yourself
in /usr/local/ and i bet you it won't be the last.

there is a nest of other problems involved with not using jhbuild,
i've been there and suffered through it for years. but aparently
some people have to figure that lively on their own ;)

behdad

---
ciaoTJ