Re: GTK_FLOATING broken in 2.9?

Murray Cumming wrote:

>>On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Murray Cumming wrote:
>>

>>>In GTK+ 2.9, GTK_FLOATING is deprecated and README.in states that it can
>>>no longer be used to detect floating objects. I hope nobody is using
>>>that. I assume that effort was made to avoid this ABI breakage.
>>>
>>>But does this also mean that setting GTK_FLOATING has no effect with
>>>2.9?
>>>

>>right, since the floating flag is stored in GObject in 2.9, so altering
>>the GtkObject won't have any effect.
>>

>Eek. This is where we discover who else uses that.

Are you saying that you are manually tweaking the value of GTK_FLOATING,
rather than using g_object_ref() / gtk_object_sink() pair?

There is the possibility for a reference leak if someone sinks a
GtkObject using the new GObject API (so the GTK_FLOATING flag would be
incorrect), but gtk_object_sink() should still do the right thing.

James.