About the charset and unicode manipulation functions

Title: About the charset and unicode manipulation functions

Im working on LSB-desktop working group.

  Im responsible for glib test cases development. I encounter some problems about the Charset and Unicode manipulation.

  I develop some test cases for the functions g_locale_from_utf8 and g_utf8_collate. For these two functions, I use the zh_CN.GB2312 encoding.

  But, when I test these cases on Mandriva and Ubuntu, I find I have to install this encoding first, or else the results are failing.

  Could you please tell me which methods I can use to make these test cases independent on the locale?

  The attachments are the snippet from the test suite.

<<uniman.c>> <<charset.c>>

Best wishes,

IT Flex - SES team

iNet: 8-758-1960