Re: Introspection

I sent a message yesterday that hit the moderation queue mentioning that
the Gtk# source parser may be a good starting point for building the XML
representation of the metadata.  It already does much of what's
discussed in your message with only a libxml2 and associated
perl-bindings dependency.

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 12:03 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> What information is needed ?

Nice list.

Deprecation is another attribute that would be helpful for language
bindings like Gtk# where I can tag an API member [Obsolete] for
compilation.  Ideally having a string indicating replacement
functionality or general deprecation reason would be nice. The Gapi
parser already identifies deprecated methods, but has no good way to
determine a good message.  Noting the API version where it was
deprecated would be useful too, probably.

--
Mike Kestner <mkestner novell com>