Re: Introspection

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:37:02 -0600, Mike Kestner <mkestner novell com> wrote:
[...]
> Deprecation is another attribute that would be helpful for language
> bindings like Gtk# where I can tag an API member [Obsolete] for
> compilation.  Ideally having a string indicating replacement
> functionality or general deprecation reason would be nice. The Gapi
> parser already identifies deprecated methods, but has no good way to
> determine a good message.  Noting the API version where it was
> deprecated would be useful too, probably.

We are still only toying with the idea, but in glade-3 we'd like to
handle multiple versions of gtk+ toolkit(s)

This would possibly involve optionaly disableing widgets that are
depricated for "this version".

Also it would involve disableing the editing of properties that
do not yet exist in "this version", if we could introspect what version
the property was introduced, that could help.

Cheers,
                                                                 -Tristan