Re: Proposal for making the GtkFileChooser code asynchronous

> I would say that it is clear that we are going to break the API completely
> here, and also not continuing to support the old API.  Third party code
> should not notice anything of these changes, except for third party code
> using the GtkFileSystem API.  Since the GtkFileSystem API is not
> supported,

We might consider GNOME to be 3rd-party code. If someone installs this
future GTK+ 2.10 without also updating the rest of GNOME then GNOME would
be broken. Smart package-managers would prevent this situation, of course.
Maybe we can live with that.

> I assume that there isn't much code out there using the GtkFileSystem API.
> In order to not have that kind of code crash and burn on a system with a
> newer
> GTK+, we need to build in some kind of protection.  Does anyone have
> suggestions on this one?

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com