From: gtk-devel-list-bounces gnome org on behalf of Everaldo Canuto
Sent: Wed 11/16/2005 16:22
To: Tor Lillqvist
Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: GTK+ on Win32

Hi,

> Everaldo Canuto writes:
>  > With gtkrc file, dont works on Windows maybe because I dont use one
>  > GTK installation for all applications,
>
> Well, how many installations of GTK do you have? How often do you
> change icons? Can it be that hard to set icon paths in a couple of
> gtkrc files? (Assuming that is possible, I actually don't know and
> can't be bothered to check it right now.)

I check and I really cant change icons in gtkrc files, I can chage only
with GTK API call. (under win)

>  > O Linux my application is nice but I really like to have a better look
>  > under Windows. Is possible we include a new icon theme in oficial GTK++
>  > Win32 binaries?
>
> Nope, I won't do that. Too much hassle. Besides, who would decide
> *which* icon theme to include? People have different taste, you
> know. It's best if the official GTK+ binaries just include what's in
> the source distribution. Downstream distributions with installers and
> stuff can modify to their heart's contents...

Ok. You are sure.

>  > >  > I cant change icons using theme engine under Win, on Linux ok but
>  > >  > on Win it does not work.
>
>  > > Using *what* theme engine? What exactly did you try?
>
>  > I try BlueCurve and Nuvola, both dont works.
>
> Please don't assume I know what those are. What *exacly* did you try
> to do?

I like to have a more "Windows compliant" icon theme on my GTK
applications (only under Win, on Linux all is fine), I make this with
API calls but I need to make it in all applications and is nice to have
a GTK package that dont need to make this.

I think that if I can compile my own GTK under Win my problems will be
solved, but I have a lot of errors. You know a tutorial that explain how
build GTK libs under Win or can help me to do this?

Thanks,
Everaldo.