Re: Callback based tooltips (Re: New tooltips API, continued)

On 6 Apr 2006, at 09:00, Tim Janik wrote:

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Alex Graveley wrote:

I sounds good to me, as long as I can force a tooltip to display on-demand as it would if the mouse were hovering over it.

hm, can you please explain the use case for forefully displaying tooltips? as opposed to waiting for the usual user configurable timeout and honour
user settings like display-tooltips = off ?

Haven't really been following this discussion, but I hope people are remembering that in gtk, tooltips are supposed to be available on demand from the keyboard (by pressing Shift-F1), so any new scheme should ensure this continues to work.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team