Re: Recently Used Files Proposal

> > Aah, have you changed your mind about this? I haven't seen much
> > discussion of this change of a de-facto UI convention. Not that I
> > personally know what's better.
>
> It sounds like a change for the worse to me. Its very quick to browse
> the menu for the old file you were looking for. Opening a new dialog for
> it is very heavy and slow, and its less likely you'll even see the "Open
> recently used..." menu and understand what it does.

In the menu you have usually only a few "recent files". If you look
for something little older it would have sense to have special dialog.

(I hate the fact, that most gnome programs have only 5 recent files
in the menu, on the other hand I can understand, that having more
would blow them, so a dedicated dialog would be very good thing.
You can even have 5 items in the menu followed by "More..." entry,
that let you open the dialog...)

P.T.

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>