Re: Reducing space between treeview rows

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 09:33 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:

> Yes and no.  Yes, you can create treeviews that look as desired, but
> no, the existing file chooser is not going to get better.

If your goal is to just increase the number of files visible in the file
chooser's list:

1. We need to fix sizing of the dialog.  It's pretty busted right now;
there is code to make it at least NxM ems, but it's obviously not
working.  (Before that code, we used to make it a certain percentage of
your screen dimensions --- I don't really remember if that worked
better).

2. Your font size is probably slightly smaller than the icon size we
use, so the icons end up making the rows taller.  There is no easy way
to say, "make these icons as big as the font size".

(1) is more important right now.  We can look into (2) once we go down
the road of high-DPI/scalable UIs.

  Federico