Re: GTK+ canvas?

As many others have, I needed a canvas and adapted an existing OpenGL canvas library I had sitting around. It's written in C++ and based on cairo (well, cairomm):
 http://libpapyrus.sf.net

Havoc Pennington wrote:
- we need to be able to do animations, which may involve adding some kind of absolute positioning and/or other stuff; don't really know yet. But I think it is a big open question.

This is one of the things I needed recently and put in a simple frame-based animator concept based loosely on OpenSceneGraph's frame-based animations, but are perhaps more akin to Smalltalk's controller concept.