Re: More compiling issues this time gtk-doc

On Feb 6, 2006, at 6:15 AM, electroteque wrote:

Yeh, somebody like me really doesnt need it, but glib seemed to even with the --disable-gtk-doc

Because glib's configure.in wants to check whether you have gtk-doc at configure time, you have to have gtk-doc's m4 file at autogen time. Otherwise, autogen cannot create the proper shell commands in the configure script. The idea is that a developer will be more likely to have all of the dependencies available than an installer/ user, and only a developer would have to run autogen because the configure script comes in the tarball.

That's not specific to glib, it's pretty much the way autotools things work.

--
Found: Poop
Someone's dog lost some poop in front of the Studio Theatre. Unfortunately, this article has been slightly damaged since it was neglectfully left on the sidewalk. It is available to its rightful owner (or its owner's rightful owner) if they so desire to come and scrape it off my shoe.