Re: GTK-Canvas

On Di, 2006-02-28 at 02:18 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> The obvious question, any plan to merge efforts with GooCanvas?

GooCanvas has taken some decisions for its API that I tried to avoid
from the beginning (e.g., having two classes per item-type) to make
writing custom items easier (less code, especially an advantage for
application developers who prefer to write their apps in C).

But, of course, some items from GooCanvas might be worth a port to
libccc.

In November I was told, that the GooCanvas was just a proof of concept
with Damon having not enough time for maintaining a canvas; I think we
can sit together and try to get the best off both worlds.

Regards,
  Sven