Re: Sinkability: usefull in language bindings ? [was: Re: Sinkability considered harmful]

On Jan 4, 2006, at 11:51 PM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

Excuse me but I still dont register, why can you assume that
a function returning a GtkObject cant return an added reference ?

Such special cases such as that are handled as special cases. I can recall implementing a few, but can't recall which ones off the top of my head.

Long story short, lest it get lost:

- there is truth to the assertion that floating can aid language bindings. - nevertheless, i dislike the inconsistency of semantics and would rather not have it.

--
I think it worked on the Wiley Coyote model of project management - if
at any point you looked down and realised what you were doing was