Re: Fwd: Re: Depending on C99 (Re: GtkBindingSignal changes)

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 08:19 -0500, ANDREW PAPROCKI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN
wrote:
> I disagree with this completely. We compile all of our code on Solaris/AIX with
> SunPRO cc & IBM xlc without c99 extensions enabled for our own reasons. Code can
>  take advantage of c99 features, but only if they can be abstracted out in
> gmacros/config.h/etc.

that's exactly what I mean: You cause major PITA for us developers just
because you refuse to use a compiler newer than stone age? what sense
does this make? there is no reason why software from the year 2006
needs to be compiled with compilers from the year 1986.

personally, i'd just ignore such corner cases. If people want gimp,
they should be required to get a compiler that can compile it, or
live without gimp.

ciao,
--mitch