Re: Depending on C99 (Re: GtkBindingSignal changes)

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Tim Janik wrote:

- what version of VC++ has proper C99 support and when
 did it come out

There is no Microsoft C compiler that fully supports C99, and I don't think there are even any plans for same. Neither does any version of gcc fully support C99.

Last time I checked (on comp.lang.c) there was only one compiler that does so, namely the Comeau one.

Look at http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html

In my view it's perfectly fine to insist on C90, but dangerous to depend on C99 -- the latter is a de jure standard with no real de facto implementation.

Allin Cottrell