Re: Looking beyond 2.10

Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

Hi;

So, with GTK+ 2.10 on the finish line, I tried to make a quick
list of things we may want to look at for 2.12, as input to
GUADEC discussions.
Heh,
   unfortunately I wont be at GAUDEC to discuss any of this
(which I am sure would be a great experience), so I'll do my
best from the mailing lists and irc to tag along :)

   In light of the new Gtk Builder code getting in, I would like
to propose that we depricate UIManager completely in favour
of the Gtk Builder and provide a unified front for the creation
of GObjects parsed from ui descriptions (or whatever the new
"glade file" is to be called).

My proposals to address issues of UI merging and handling of
GtkActions are described in detail in these to emails:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2006-May/msg00157.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2006-May/msg00166.html

Please let me know your thoughts on the proposition and design,
if accepted; I am sure I can get all this "ui merging/action subscription"
stuff working properly inside of one month... hopefully leaving time
enough for it to mature before 2.12.

Cheers,
                                        -Tristan