Re: GTK+ Mac OS X state of the union

On Mar 29, 2006, at 1:01 AM, Goran Rakić wrote:

All things said...

I think that it is silly to assume that poor developers will not do some tweaks for OSX. After all, they will need to make .app bundle and other stuff, just like we are doing for MS Windows. And even if they don't, in

Well...

I have to disagree with you in general. There are many developers out there who might do some "tweaks" to their app of placing things a certain way, or of adding a marked property to their package... however there are not as many that will do much more than that. There's an entirely different level of effort to do code changes and platform-specific extensions (like Inkscape's support of native Win32 file and print dialogs) than to merely build and package an app for a specific target.

Java programs are a good example of this. Even though many would make a Mac launcher of their program, they wouldn't do more than that. And this has been around for years (since the OS 9 days at the least).

Of course, some projects will have the people to do this, but then others won't.