Re: GTK+ Mac OS X state of the union

Dominic Lachowicz wrote:
I'm sorry for what may be a stupid question. Why do we need a bridge
API (assuming that there's a 1:1 mapping between Cocoa and GTK+ menus)
if we're already putting the onus on developers to:

Because hopefully gtk will make it possible to build a OS X application without any knowledge of the native cocoa api, just as it makes it possible to create apps without knowing the win32 or xlib api's. Over time, methods of creating menus will probably be developed that hide some of the platform differences -- e.g. create a default menu, put in menu bar on OS X or add a copy to the top of each window on X11 or win32. It's more complicated than that, but such a facility should be possible.

John