Strange rendering issue

Hi,

I was updating our version of Evolution the other day and noticed some strange characters being displayed:

http://workshop.linspire.com/evolution.jpg

I assumed it was a gtkhtml problem so I built a newer version from scratch, but to no avail.

I then opened Balsa and noticed that the same behavior was being displayed ina lineedit widget there:

http://workshop.linspire.com/balsa.png

Both characters are whitepace characters, with the first being a space and the second a carriage return it appears. Any ideas on a possible culprit for this behavior?

Thanks guys,

Brian