Re: elastic tabstops implemented for GTK

Personally I think this is a terrible idea because it breaks
compatibility with other editors.  If each editor interprets tabs in its
own way, then when you save a file from one editor and open in another
one it will appear all wrong.

And how will this look e.g. to Python, which generally doesn't even like
tabs?  Variable width tabs will likely cause havoc in Python programs...

Now, if you did the exact same thing, but behind the scenes inserted
spaces instead of tab characters, then it would be nice.