Re: [directfb-dev] GDK-DirectFB Patches

Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
I jsut completed testng the incremental application of the patches

Thanks!

provided by dok in the order he indicated (NO_EXPERIMENTS was defined).

* Patches which are ok and i think can be committed right now are

window_flip_group.patch (this is the patch which requires NO_EXPERIMENTS)

Did you see errors without NO_EXPERIMENTS except the crash you reported?

none

no_background_pixmap_fix.patch
blit_after_cairo_fix.patch
rect_clip_fix.patch
fast_blend.patch
opt_clip_region_and_fill_rects.patch
no_state_resets.patch
opt_temp_region_etc.patch
opt_temp_region2.patch
cairo_show_glyphs.patch

* Patches with bugs

rgb16_default.patch : this results in the black rectange issue

The black rectangles with text? Using pangocairo with the cairo patch
to use DirectFB, the font rendering on RGB16 should work.

I also tested rgb16_default.patch + cairo_show_glyphs.patch yesterday: the effect was that the issue was less severe but still it was there (iirc, fonts were not affected but other items like arrows were). The testing machine is a i386 pc with matrox g400 card and vesafb framebuffer, a configuration which closely matches a tipical g-i environment.

* Patches never tested because experimental

HACK_no_clear_area.patch
HACK_no_clear.patch

So, i think patches in group one can be committed without further delay, is this ok ?

For me it is fine :)

Ok, i'll commit the set of "good" patches this weekend, manwhile leaving out the "bad" and the "ugly" sets. Someone else must instead commit cairo_show_glyphs.patch because i don't have cairo write access.

sincerely

Attilio