Re: gio changes for GVolume and GDrive

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 09:50 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > So, Maybe a better set of names would be something like:
> > GDrive <-1-n-> GVolume <-1-1-> GMount
> >
> > Other alternatives for GMount: GMountedVolume, GMounted, GMountPoint
> > Any other ideas?

I've talked to alexl and mclasen on IRC and we went for Alex's

 GDrive <-1-n-> GVolume <-1-1-> GMount

So I did the rename and I've committed this to glib/gio trunk. I've also
fixed up gvfs and nautilus to use this. Everything seems to work fine.

> > > There's also a some new API in gunixmounts.c that I needed for both
> > > backends. Thoughts? Also, I'm wondering, with these additions, if we can
> > > do away with GUnixMountType altogether; it's pretty much an eyesore.
> >
> > You want guess_icon to return a GIcon so we can do icon fallbacks. I
> > agree that we should drop the GUnixMountType in the visible API. Its
> > just not something you can trust further than guessing icons/names, and
> > thats now availible in the API (with your patch).

I've fixed this and nuked GUnixMountType from the public API.

>  g_unix_get_canonical_device_path()

This is gone too.

Later today or tomorrow I'll send a patch to

 - make the GUnixVolumeMonitor backend have GDrives (for ejecting
   media)

 - land the GHalVolumeMonitor in gvfs (it depends on D-Bus so it's
   properly the right place as compared to glib/gio).

Yell if anything is broken. Thanks.

     David