Re: GIO API review

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 16:37 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > > I strongly oppose this.
> >
> > I personally prefer the naming Mitch suggests. I know from the name
> > which sub-library the API belongs to in GLib.
>
> I don't think this is something that is all that important when you
> actually use the API. It certainly isn't so important that its worth
> (methaphorically) punching you in the face every time you read or
> write
> the symbol.

If these are are all about IO and/or generally meant to be used
together, I would also like them to share some namespace. If glib
doesn't do it then I'll probably do it when I wrap them in glibmm. But I
love namespaces.

If they are likely to be used separately, if they are generally meant to
be self-contained then I'd be happy with just g_.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com